Friday, November 09, 2012

Resurfacing and Community Days

The City of Chicago is in the process of resurfacing my street.  So far they have managed to finish the "grinding" process (removing the top 2-3 inches of old asphalt).  I'm amazed at how quickly and efficiently this was accomplished.  Two large trucks filled with what used to be street are now parked across from my house.  I don't know what the workmen's schedule is for the rest of the day.  I just hope there isn't any equipment blocking my driveway when it's time for me to leave for Harlem-Irving Plaza to sell coupon books for Carson's Community Days to benefit my church.  It's a really good deal.  The books cost $5.00 and contain a $10.00 coupon.  The church gets to keep all the proceeds from sales made up until today, and we share with other participating organizations in whatever is sold at the store today and tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment